Please complete the below reporting steps if you experience or are aware of any of the following:
I've lost possession of an HGSE-owned/managed electronic device or a device that contains Harvard data.
- Contact HGSE’s Director of Security Operations (DSO) via the IT Service Center
- If you are an HGSE or Harvard employee, contact your manager
- Open a case with the Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) by calling 617-495-1215 (if urgent, call 617-495-1212)
I've found or placed sensitive, unsecured HGSE or Harvard data where it shouldn't be.
If you see sensitive HGSE or Harvard data on an unsecured server or posted publicly, or you believe you may have used an unsecure system to collect or transmit sensitive HGSE or Harvard data, open a ticket or call 617-495-7777.
I've received a suspicious email that might be phishing.
Forward phishing emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. When the University receives a suspected phishing email, their security teams check it out to determine the risk. If it is in fact a phishing attack, they may take any of the following steps:
- Breaking dangerous links so they don't connect to unsafe webpages
- Blocking malicious files from being delivered to other inboxes in the future
- Escalating the report to the University's Security Operations Team to investigate compromised systems or accounts
I've found a technology vulnerability or coding bug in an HGSE or Harvard system.
If you are aware of a vulnerability in an HGSE or Harvard system, open a ticket or call 617-495-7777.
I've received an electronic threat to my safety or someone else's safety.
If you or someone else has received a threat to your safety, including "cyberstalking" or "cyberbullying," open a case with the Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) by calling 617-495-1215 (if urgent, call 617-495-1212).
I have a non-urgent security question or concern.
If you have a non-urgent security question or concern, you're encouraged to schedule some time with HGSE’s Director of Security Operations (DSO): calendly.com/sarah_pruski