Media for Classroom and Event Support
The IT Service Center provides support for all our classrooms and learning spaces. Media setups must be requested through the Events Reservation System.
Lecture Capture and On-Campus Multimedia Recording Policies
Lecture capture, classroom recordings, and related events are obligated to adhere to Federal and state regulations, intellectual property concerns, and common courtesy as defined by Harvard’s Office of General Counsel and HGSE executive leadership. Events subject to recording must be appropriately reviewed to define the purpose of the recording, the potential viewing audience, opportunities for re-use, and retention policies. The following policy documents and forms provide guidance on this requirement.
- General Statement for Syllabi
- Lecture Capture and On-Campus Multimedia Recording Policy
- Student Multimedia Recording – Unrestricted Authorization
- Student Multimedia Recording – Authorization with Limited Re-use
- Guest Authorization for Recording and Reuse of Artifacts
- HGSE Multimedia Recording Policy – Decision Flowchart
Digital Equipment Loans
The Gutman Library now loans out digital equipment such as cameras, voice recorders, and transcribers to the HGSE community following established check-out and check-in procedures with the borrower.