Media and Technology for Classroom and Event Support
The IT Service Center provides support for all our classrooms and learning spaces. Media and Technology setups must be requested through the Events Reservation System (EMS).
HGSE has joined with several other Harvard schools in an enterprise contract with Cisco WebEx.
- Request an HGSE WebEx account please email GSE-IT Onestop at GSE-IT Onestop
HGSE WebEx portal is at hgse.webex.com
- View a brief tutorial on how to set up and connect your audio and video in WebEx Meeting Center; you can also share this with your meeting attendees in advance to ensure they properly connect their audio:
- Other helpful information on WebEx:
Lecture Capture and On-Campus Multimedia Recording Policies
Lecture capture, classroom recordings, and related events are obligated to adhere to Federal and state regulations, intellectual property concerns, and common courtesy as defined by Harvard’s Office of General Counsel and HGSE executive leadership. Events subject to recording must be appropriately reviewed to define the purpose of the recording, the potential viewing audience, opportunities for re-use, and retention policies. The following policy documents and forms provide guidance on this requirement.
- General Statement for Syllabi
- Lecture Capture and On-Campus Multimedia Recording Policy
- Student Multimedia Recording – Unrestricted Authorization
- Student Multimedia Recording – Authorization with Limited Re-use
- Guest Authorization for Recording and Reuse of Artifacts
- HGSE Multimedia Recording Policy – Decision Flowchart
Digital Equipment Loans
The Gutman Library now loans out digital equipment such as cameras, voice recorders, and transcribers to the HGSE community following established check-out and check-in procedures with the borrower.